The writer of Ecclesiastes exhorts youth to think about God while they are young. The challenge is to really consider and remember God now before the days come when health fails. Here is how the New Living Translation puts it.
Ecclesiastes 12 New Living Translation (NLT)
1Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.” 2 Remember him before the light of the sun, moon, and stars is dim to your old eyes, and rain clouds continually darken your sky. 3 Remember him before your legs—the guards of your house—start to tremble; and before your shoulders—the strong men—stoop. Remember him before your teeth—your few remaining servants—stop grinding; and before your eyes—the women looking through the windows—see dimly.
4 Remember him before the door to life’s opportunities is closed and the sound of work fades. Now you rise at the first chirping of the birds, but then all their sounds will grow faint.
5 Remember him before you become fearful of falling and worry about danger in the streets; before your hair turns white like an almond tree in bloom, and you drag along without energy like a dying grasshopper, and the caperberry no longer inspires sexual desire. Remember him before you near the grave, your everlasting home, when the mourners will weep at your funeral.
6 Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don’t wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. 7 For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it.
- RT @ava: This gentleman is heavy on my mind + heart this morning. He called the police concerned about his neighbor. The police murdered he…Wil's Daily Feed 5 hours ago
- RT @shaunking: Atatiana Jefferson. Xavier University grad. Pre-Med. Sad that we have to share this, but @MeritLaw and I have long since…Wil's Daily Feed 12 hours ago
- RT @RenaAmerican: Mike Huckabee and the two arrested Ukrainians https://t.co/QXpS0HaCSSWil's Daily Feed 21 hours ago
- RT @KristenClarkeJD: This is Atatiana Jefferson. She was 28 yrs old, a graduate of Xavier Univ. and lived w/ her nephew. A Fort Worth, TX…Wil's Daily Feed 21 hours ago
- RT @NAACP: UNACCEPTABLE! The acts of yet another “trained” police officer have resulted in the death of #AtatianaJefferson. Gun downed in h…Wil's Daily Feed 21 hours ago